Iceberg Wedge



Wedge salads were very popular in the 50s and 60s, and they're back!  I'll often order a wedge salad at a restaurant and I'll make them for ourselves for dinner, but until recently I haven't thought of serving them to guests.  But it was time to change all that, and at a recent buffet party, I made small salads and presented them on a platter.  They were a big hit!

To serve 6 as part of a buffet, or to serve 4 as a first course:

One head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into 6 (4) wedges.  Generously ladle homemade or storebought blue cheese or Roquefort dressing (I use Bob's Big Boy Blue Cheese Dressing, because we're native Californians and that's what we grew up loving!) on top.  Sprinkle on some crumbled blue or roquefort cheese, chopped black olives, grated egg, chopped crispy bacon and cherry tomatoes.  Be generous with all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment